About the Author
Matthew Lane is the owner and managing attorney of Ziegler & Lane, LLC. He practices solely in the area of Social Security Disability Law and has represented clients at hundreds of Administrative Law Judge hearings.
In addition, he has represented over thirty-five clients in United States District Court seeking appellate review of adverse decisions by the Social Security Administration.
Louisiana Social Security Disability Law Blog
The prohibition does not apply if the new application is filed under a different title of the Social Security Act. In other words, if a claim is pending before the Appeals Council for Disability Insurance Benefits (DIB) under Title II of the Act, SSR 11-1p does not prohibit the claimant from filing a new application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) under Title XVI of the Act. In addition, SSR 11-1p does not prohibit a new application for a different benefit type than a pending claim. Finally, SSR 11-1p does not appear to have any effect on a claimant seeking to file a new application while a prior application is being appealed in the Federal Court system.
In sum, as a result of SSR 11-1p, claimants who receive an unfavorable Administrative Law Judge decision will have to make a choice between appealing the decision to the Appeals Council or filing a new application.
- my Social Security account week
- National Airborne Day
- Reduction of SSA Field Office Hours Delays Disability Decisions
- Social Security Act Turns 79
- Lafayette Attorney Matthew Lane Teaching CLE Seminar
- Receipt of VA Benefits and Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits
- Attorney Matthew Lane and Paralegal Nancy Goodwin are "People in Business"
- Social Security Disability Law Presentation to Hemphilia Federation of America
- Lafayette Attorney Matthew Lane to speak on Social Security Disability Law at the Hemophilia Federation of America's 2013 Symposium
- Lafayette Attorney Matthew Lane to Make Presentation on Social Security Disability Benefits at Louisiana Hemophilia Foundation’s Annual Meeting
- Appeals Council (1)
- auxillary benefits (1)
- Bill Ziegler (1)
- disability (9)
- disability claim (4)
- Disability Insurance Benefits (8)
- Due Process (1)
- eligibility (4)
- Equal Access to Just Act (1)
- Federal Court Appeals (2)
- FOSSCR (1)
- lafayette louisiana social security disabilty lawyer (3)
- law (9)
- Medicaid (1)
- Medicare (2)
- NOSSCR (2)
- quarters of coverage (1)
- social security (16)
- Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits (6)
- Social Security Disability Law (10)
- Social Security Disability Law in Louisiana (8)
- social security disability lawyer (2)
- Social Security Rulings (1)
- Social Security Statements (2)
- Supplemental Security Income (2)